2012年8月13日月曜日

Yuzu pepper flavoured okuras


Okura, this summer vegetable is tasty and healthy, so I like them.

However, there is a problem ... I don't know more than one recipe of eating them.
Every time I got them I sliced and ate with natto(納豆).
This made me gradually sick

So, I checked other recipes of using okuras that gives an idea that okura can provide further possibility to taste better. One of recipes attracting me is using yuzu pepper to add flavour to them.

This is also very easy as long as you can get yuzu pepper tube

[Ingredients]
・2 packs of okuras
・Small amounts of yuzu pepper
・300ml white dashi soup(白だし)
・Some salts (to remove akras' prickles)




* You can use your own dashi soup, but I used very useful shiro dashi because I was lazy.
Colour of shiro dashi is weak, which made colour of okuras bright.

[How to]
1) Spread salt over the chopping board and place okras there to roll over.

2) Boil the okuras in hot boiled water for a few minutes and cool them in iced water.
(This makes colour of the okuras bright)

3) Mix the dashi with the yuzu pepper to adjust the taste.

4) Soak the okuras in the dashi overnight.

Next day will be the good timing to eat them.
The taste was a little bit spicy, but I could eat all portions of the okuras including their calyxes.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿