2012年8月19日日曜日

Dress okuras with mayonnaise

Okura... as posted last time I had felt at loss how to cook this summer vegetable even though I had lots of chances to get it.

One of the chances was when my husband parents' sent to us.

Look at this!


The size was totally different with the okuras I bought in a super market last time.

I cooked this big okura with chicken breast meat and dressed it with mayonnaise plus other seasonings.

This recipe was obtained from a local restaurant and easy to follow.
Very suitable for such a lazy cook like me.

<Ingredients>
  • 1 pc of chicken breast (In my case, low fat sasami(white chicken meat) was used in consideration of my husband's health)
  • About 15pcs of okuras

Mayonnaise sauce
  • 150-200 g mayonnaise
  • 40cc mirin
  • 20cc sake
  • 60g white miso
  • A proper amount of lemon juice
  • Some salt to remove prickles of the okura
<How to >
  1. Prepare for the mayonnaise sauce. Mix all ingredients for the sauce. Note that mirin and sake have to be heated for seconds in order to burn off alcohol in their contents, otherwise their unique flavour will remain when you taste this dish.
  2. Spread the salt over the chopping board and place the okura there to roll over. (The home-made okura has larger prickles, which needs to be removed to eahance their texture)
  3. Put the okura into the pod to boil it.  After that, roughly cut it into three or four pieces.
  4. Boil the chicken breast and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
  5. Dress the boiled chicken pieces and the okura pieces with the mayonnaise sauce.

This was delicious!

Tell the truth, as I had been lazy, I had skipped the process of burning off the alcohol contained in mirin and sake when cooking last time.. the result was terrible...the taste was not better than this time.

I learned how important it is to follow the recipe according to the process provided from the restaurant without skipping it.








0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿