2012年8月1日水曜日

Diced eggplants and cucumbers soaked in mentsuyu



Lots of vegetables arrived at home, but I had to leave for travelling with my family.

This was not good timing to receive vegetables because those vegitables go bad easily under severe humid and hot Japanese summer without processing them such as heating or makiing them frozen .

I soaked some of vegitables in dashi or salted rice malt, or chopping/cutting others and stored them into the fridge at the morning just before I left for travelling.

One of them are egg plants and cucumbers.

This is very easy.


<Ingredients>
・Eggplant
・Cucumber
・Mentsuyu

<How to>
1) Chop these vegetables into small pieces.
2) Put them in mentsuyu.

Since actually I could not find mentsuyu in my fridge, I made menstuyu with the use of soy sauce, dashi, sugar, and mirin.

Today I poured them over 素麺(so-men) noodles.
It turned to be a quick lunch for a lazy housewife.







0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿