2012年8月15日水曜日

My first unadon(鰻丼) in this summer


Do you know how expensive Unadon(鰻丼) is this summer?
Due to shortage of fry of eels, prices of dishes used with eels skyrocketed.
Last month I came across an unbelievably expensive Unadon in a convenience store in my neighborhood.

You know what!
It was 1, 900 yen for one box of the unadon.
It shouldn't be a lunch box's price.

Unadon is one of typical eel dishes;  Soy sauce based sweet sauce is poured over a cooked eel on rice.
This dish is often adored by Japanese during summer because we believe we can gain energy to survive muggy Japanese summer by eating an eel containing high nutrition.

When I lived with my parents, my parents went to eat Unadon in a restaurant. This was a kind of our family's custom during summer.

The other day when I visited my parents' house, my father brought me to eat Unadon.
He knew that  this made me happy because I couldn't afford eating Unadon by myself, especially this summer due to crazy price of an eel even sold in a super market.
Definitely his guess was right and I really happy going there.

It was yummy as always!
The price rose up to 2,000 yen, increased by 500 yen.
In my opinion, only 500 yen's rise up from last year's price was comparatively gently-priced.

Anyway, I felt like gaining energy again by enjoying my first Unadon this summer.


 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿