2012年7月22日日曜日

Sake Cake Cheese with Tomato and Avocado



Last Sunday, I cooked Sake Cake Cheese. As I posted at that time, the taste didn't meet my expectation, but the day after that I tried to taste again. Since I couldn't eat all so many portions of the cheese only for one day, there was many leftover.

I tasted and found...something seemed to happen!

The taste was much milder, not sour at all.

So, I cooked the below salad with the use of this cheese.



Do you think it looked like a mozzarella cheese with tomato and avocado?

My husband thought that. He didn't know I used Sake Cake instead of a mozzarella cheese, he thought this was a mozzarella cheese judging from its appearance. But after having tasted it, he commented "Ummm.... this cheese tasted something unusual."

Agar was used to solidify Sake Cake juice, so its texture still could tell it was different with normal cheese.

Also, flavor and aroma of Sake Cake didn't vanish. If you don't like its flavor and aroma, this cheese might not be your taste, because Sake Cake is acquired taste. (In my case, I didn't like Sake Cake in my childhood, which my father enjoyed it during winter time)

For me, this is an interesting challenge, but next time I would like to add real cheese such as cream cheese to make the taste better. I believe Sake Cake and Cheese go well in one dish because both are fermented foods.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿