2012年7月16日月曜日

Cheese from Sake Cake



One of the foods I love is Sake Cake.

Do you know Sake Cake?

It's called "Sake Kasu" in Japanese.

If you know the word "Kasu"in Japanese, you might feel wired, because Kasu means lees or dregs, which should not be an appropriate ingredient for eating.

As the original meaning indicates, Sake Cake is just lees left over after producing Sake. It contains no alcohol. That's why it might be useless for people who like to drink, however it's good to be used for cooking sweet non-alcohol drink called "Amazake" or miso soup to taste better.

Since this is a fermented food which becomes popular for Japanese once it was reported that fermented food could prevent diseases , Sake Cake gained its popularity.

During winter time, I cooked Amazake and had it every day to warm my body, but now is summer... so what should I cook by using Sake Cake?

This time I challenged to cook cheese from Sake Cake.
I found the recipe on the web; cook cheese from Sake Cake.

The idea sounds very exciting!

The recipe looks very easy!

So, tonight I cooked it.

All ingredients I used and how I cooked were as follows:

<Ingredients>

1) Sake Cake (200g)

2) Water (800cc)

3) Olive Oil (Some)

4) Salt (1 pinch)

5) Lemon juice (100 cc)

6) Powdered agar (5 tbsp)

<How to cook>

1) Boil the water in a pot and put the agar and the Sake Cake.

2) Pour the oil and the lemon juice into the heated pot. Add the salt.

3) Wait until heat of the pot is cooled.

This cooking was very easy, and it was successfully completed, but unfortunately it didn't work as I had imagine...the taste was far from I had imagined.

Too sour!

I should have reduced the amount of lemon juice.

Too thin taste!

I should have added more salts.

Beside, I cooked too much more cheese than I needed.

Maybe one-quarter would be enough...

Now I am puzzled how I can consume such a huge amount of the sour and thin tasted cheese....


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿